Jamborees are possible thanks to thousands of support staff who are scout leaders just like you. Staffers can have just as much fun as jamboree troop leaders and Scouts and Venturer participants. Some advantages of working staff include:
- You enjoy the same jamboree spirit over 30,000 Scouts, Venturers and leaders enjoy.
- You usually work a day then have the next day off for fun.
- Unlike jamboree troop leaders, once your shift is done, most of your work responsibilities are off duty as well.
Jamboree staff positions are open to adult men and women who meet required qualifications.
Youth staff (ages 16 through 25) have the opportunity to serve in numerous job assignments at the jamboree.
Adult Staff Fee: $850.00 full session (1) or $425.00 for sessions 2 or 3.
Youth Staff Fee: $425.00 for sessions 1, 2 or 3.
Jamboree Staff Qualifications
- Must have a current BSA membership.
- Completed Youth Protection Training within one year of the first day of the jamboree.
- Ability to arrive on site at the jamboree up to but not limited to one week before the jamboree as deemed necessary by the service director of the area selected to serve in to receive training and assist in the final preparations for troop arrivals.
- Be at least 16 years of age by the first day of the jamboree.
- Submit all registration fees per the published payment schedule.
- Complete any jamboree-specific training as deemed necessary by the service director of the area selected to serve in.
- File a Personal Health and Medical Record as instructed by the deadline.
- Be able to serve as a role model of physical fitness.
Staff applications are subject to council approval.
Find out more about how to become a Staff at the signup page.